Title 1 at Niagara Elementary
The Title 1 Program is committed to closing the achievement gap between all students by providing additional staff, instruction, and resources so that all students will be successful.
Niagara’s Title 1 program is school wide which means all students can benefit from Title 1 services.
Parent Involvement is an important component of our Title 1 program.
Our program includes:
- Family Nights: Title 1 hosts 3 family nights per school year.
- Parent Involvement Policy: A policy is developed jointly and distributed to parents each school year.
- Parent/School Compact: A parent/school compact is jointly developed and distributed to parents each school year.
- Parent Surveys: Parent surveys are given at each family night and at the end of the school year.
Parent Involvement Resources
These resources were created specifically for parents to help you easily find information on ways to become involved and obtain resources to help your child.
Especially for Parents
– This website, created by the U.S. Department of Education, has numerous resources for parents including homework tips, information on federal student aid, and much more.
Reading is Fundamental Resources
The tips and tricks listed on this page are suggestions that you can use to encourage good reading habits in your child.
This article provides a variety of reading options you might not think of as reading material.
The Helping Your Child publication series aims to provide parents with the tools and information necessary to help their children succeed in school and life. These booklets feature practical lessons and activities to help their school aged and preschool children master reading, understand the value of homework and develop the skills and values necessary to achieve and grow.(U.S. Dept. of Education)
Math in Focus at Home
Information about our new district wide math curriculum for students in grades K-5.